Toning and Strength Conditioning
- Lose Weight
- Gain Muscle
- Get Energy
- Become Stronger
- Improve Sports Performance!
Research has demonstrated that not only does training improve performance but that incorrect training (distance running, a slow-twitch muscle fibre activity, in football athletes with fast-twitch characteristics) can cause decrements to performance. Using techniques such as plyometric in some high-power athletes and sports-specific movements in others, strength coaches may improve physical function and athletic performance.
- Plan your training to ensure you are ready to perform when you need to
- Build a training program to develop the strength characteristics that you need
- Create a conditioning program to maximise the efficiency of the right energy system
- Monitor how you respond to your training, adjusting it to balance fatigue and recovery
- Integrate your strength and conditioning with other training